Jesse and I had our first date on June 2, 2007 after an eventful first week of EFY. It was Friday evening while we were walking to the last dance and he asked me if I was busy the next evening. I of course said "no" (All my boyfriends were on missions at the time so I was free!) He suggested Comedy Sportz. I had never heard of it, but since I'm usually up for an adventure I accepted. After trying on at least 4 different shirts, we went to Comedy Sportz, laughed so hard our sides hurt, giggled at all my clothes hanging in the back of my car (I was somewhat of a hobo the summer of 2007) and kept talking and hugging (frontal hugs were a big deal since during EFY since you're only allowed side hugs with other counselors during the week) even though we both needed to leave and catch up on sleep. It may seem trivial, but it was magical.
My EFY girls had given me all the tips on what to do on our date, as though they assumed I had never been on one. I assured them I had been on a date before but listened anyway. They gave me good tips such as: "keep your hand available in case he wants to hold it." (Hard to argue with that logic)
I was rather hooked after that first date. The whole next week I would wait anxiously for my phone to sing to me, notifying me of a text from my new found beau. Each text made me smile and quickly respond back. I would stay up late each night just to read a quick goodnight text from this boy after all the EFY activities were done. We did lots of text-dating that summer.
Now here we are 3 years later, crazy as ever, happily married and laughing back at those funny first dates we had.

No comments:
Post a Comment