I know. Don't bother saying it, cuz I know. I'm awful at keeping in touch with pretty much ANYONE who isn't consistently within 5 feet of my physical person, so posting on a blog that lets people I very well might not even KNOW in on the non-stop action that is our lives is quite out of character for me. But here goes...
I've been working a temporary internship at a place called Noah's in South Jordan (check it out at mynoahs.com!). It's a facility "For All of Life's Events." They have rooms you can rent out for weddings, bachelor parties, birthday parties, business meetings/presentations, movie nights, racquetball, even concealed-weapon certification courses put on by the Draper Police (which should be just about to finish up at the time of this posting). My job has been to give tours, process reservations, draw up layouts for how customers want the room to look, and most importantly, I set up. I set up chairs, banquet tables, round tables, skinny tables, fat tables, more chairs, tablecloths, ice carts, and a few more chairs. And tables. It's been fun, but exhausting seeing that they seem to like working me the 3pm-close shift Thursday through Saturday. This usually translates into me getting home around 1 or 2am-ish. Despite that, however, it has been a great time. Every day is like a new adventure. Last night I stayed till 3am to clean up after a graduation party put on by a family from India. Those Sikhs sure know how to throw a party! The day before that we had three weddings going on at the same time (have you ever had to deal with 3 mothers-of-the-bride simultaneously? Ugh.) And tonight I'll be working a quinceanera (it's like a hispanic sweet 16, but at 15). Anyway, I've been working my butt off and loving it, chipping away at the 100 hours I needed for this internship when a couple of days ago they approached me and said, "Jesse, we want to keep you. Would you be interested in becoming a real employee after your 100 hours are up?" To put it simply, awesomesauce. I was SO psyched! The "promotion" comes with a raise and the bonus of no longer being "the intern." Now I know how Ryan felt in Scranton. At least I didn't start any fires...
Anywho, so my hard work paid off! This is a fantastic company where I would eventually like to maybe end up in a management position at one of the facilities they're opening elsewhere. I feel so blessed to have been given this chance. So for all the folks wondering what's going on in my life, there you go. Happies all around! And here are some pictures to reward you for reading all that junk:
This is what it looks like at night. No really, it's so awesome it sparkles.
This is the main hall set up for a wedding reception or something. I kinda just pulled these pics off the internet so I don't know who took them or when or why or of what. Main hall. All you need to know. Ooh! Also sparkly.Shuffleboard.
No seriously. It's a table version of shuffleboard! Crazy awesome, right? This room connects to a boardroom and a racquetball court (yes, I've begun spelling it the "European" way. At least it looks European to me...). I seriously love giving tours and seeing people's faces when I explain what these rooms can all do. If you're interested at all go to mynoahs.com, call 1-800-MYNOAHS, or just drop by and we'll give you a tour! (322 West 11000 South, South Jordan, Utah). I'm totally converted to this company. It's awesome.
Thanks for reading!
Jesse started the fire!
ReplyDeleteAwesome-sauce sounds yummy! And I'm proud of you getting a "promotion"!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Jesse! SO excited for you guys! Looks like a pretty cool place, we might just have to come and "get a tour" sometime soon. Love you!
ReplyDeleteJesse and Danielle: thanks for posting and letting us know what's happening in your lives. Congrats to you both for all the good things you are accomplishing. We'll be there to help you move on Saturday. Do we need to do some cleaning? Need any supplies? Love, Mom
ReplyDelete