Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Time and a Season


ECCLESIASTES 3:1 says: To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

I've been thinking a lot about this scripture lately. I've been feeling a little burdened with life and feeling like I'm not the wife I could or should be. My sweet husband cooks dinner ("cooks" is used rather loosely but it's because of him that we eat) and does way more dishes than I do and kind of keeps our lives flowing. I do clean which makes me feel like I contribute a little bit... but I haven't been feeling like I do the wifely things that I should.

Then I put things into perspective...

I remember this scripture and realize that since I get home between 6:30 and 7 every night it's not overly plausible for me to cook and do all the other things that need to be done. This semester I have had school Monday and Wednesday from 10am-7pm and I work on Tuesday and Thursday from 8am-6ish. I've just been so busy that I keep feeling like I fall short in everything I SHOULD be doing.

And then Jesse reminds me, that our roles will change eventually. Someday I will just have my house to take care of and do the wifely/motherly things that need to be done and Jesse will be putting in the hours of work. Things happen when they do for a reason and there is a specific time for all things. This gives me so much comfort in life when I that that things will work out in the timing that is best.

Things all have their time and season and right now, our lives are just busy and it's just trying to hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are pretty amazing - working and going to school! I agree that there are just different stages in our life that call for different roles. And I have no doubt that someday you will fulfill the role of mother, and housekeeper, and chef... But as for now I think you are a wonderful chemistry study buddy, caring friend, and I'm sure Jesse would vote great wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel sometimes. You are doing great, just stay with it cuz when you finish school it will be so worth it. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete