Saturday, December 3, 2016

Baby #3 | Weeks 6-14

Let's just say these many weeks were spent laying on the couch, intermittent naps, early bedtimes, nearly constant nausea, several moments of racing to the toilet although somehow no vomiting, lots of anti nausea meds, one sick day at work, two sweet boys who play so well together that they barely need a coherent mother, and one amazing husband who picked up all the slack and did dishes, cleaning, up with the kids in the middle of the night and early in the morning, working from home to fix lunch and dinner, and keeping our house running for two months. 

It was a rough several weeks to say the least. Thankfully my life-saving husband did not have to leave town during this time or we may not have survived. 

Because I was so miserable, we shared our exciting news with family at 10 weeks by putting our boys in their "Big Brother" shirts and waiting for them to figure out our news. It was hilarious how long it took them to notice and put it together. I'm pretty sure our families had given up hope that we might have more kids, so this baby seemed a pleasant surprise to everyone. My mom's happy dance was something to remember. 

Another highlight of this time period was Halloween. 
Bump's first Halloween.
{How I want to remember feeling}

{How I actually felt that night}

And of course the boys were the most adorable sharks I have ever seen. They loved every minute of being sharks and certainly enjoyed trick-or-treating. 








No comments:

Post a Comment