Because these boys have been obsessed with Octonauts for months, it seemed natural to have an Octonauts/ocean birthday party for these rambunctious three year olds.
I tried to go simple yet fun on decor, food, and activities.
I knew I had to order them this Octonauts cake topper sheet when I saw it. Once again simple, but the boys loved it!
We attempted a fishing game which the adults rather enjoyed but the boys just wanted to play with the fish!
Although they did enjoy holding out their fish to get on the fishing line.
My dad snapped this picture and then realized we were standing right in front of our wedding picture so he thought we should recreate it.
Apparently this is what my husband thought we were doing.
Even when we tried though it wasn't much better. Plus, sheesh someone should have told me to stand up straight!
Next up on the agenda was our "Are You Smarter Than a 3 year Old Marine Biologist" game. We had 22 three year old approved pictures that we showed to the adults to see how many animals they could recognize. We then let the boys see all the pictures to give the answers. Of course this sent Ian into a fit because we kept trying to distract them from this slideshow initially so they wouldn't give away the answers and he was not happy with us.
I felt like this game was a hit. While our boys could recognize all 22 animals, (at least between the two of them. A couple of them were pretty tricky) the winner of the adults only got 13 answers right! (Go Papa!)
We then had lunch of pizza, veggies, and salad.
Pizza might be Briggs' favorite food. He can eat as many slices as a grown man.
Ian was still throwing a fit over the fish game so he wasn't too fond of lunch either. Once we finally forced some food in him though he calmed down. We get hangry over at our house.
We then opened gifts.
I think this was the first time they have actually understood the concept of opening gifts and thoroughly enjoyed it.
We even had a race to see which of us could assemble a scooter quicker.
Considering I can barely put together a 100 piece child's puzzle, it wasn't much of a competition.
Just important people like Jesse and I.
And Mimi and Papa
And my adorable grandparents.
Then there was some quality reading time.
And of course scooter practicing.
And then we remembered we had cake to eat!
And then on their actual birthday we still had grandpa in town so we spent our day at the aquarium and came home with these little sharks.
It was the perfect birthday weekend and we still can't get enough of these two!
{B} {I}
No comments:
Post a Comment