We had the most perfect weekend last weekend.
I had a whole Friday and Saturday off work for the first time in a long time and we lived it up.
I met a couple of my friends and we went to the aquarium on Friday.
It's always an adventure with my two crazies.
Fortunately one friend doesn't have kids yet so she was able to borrow one of mine for the adventure.
{B in blue, I in pink/orange}
{B} was waving at the divers in the shark tank.
The three musketeers.
That night we took London (my mom's dog who we've been watching) for a walk and discovered this cute little kindergarten park at the elementary school down the street from my house.
And on the way home {B} got the hiccups which gave him the giggles. He might be a little bit like his mama.
And then we walked out to the most beautiful sunset.
We really live in such a beautiful place.
The next morning I woke my boys up at 6am, borrowed my aunt and uncle's van so I could bring my jogger and run a 5K with Jesse's family and my little brother and cute sister in law.
These boys are by far my greatest cheerleaders.
I got my best time by far at 32.15.
(I guess technically I haven't ran an organized 5K with my kiddos so you never really know, but it was faster than my practice runs at home. Plus it helped that Brad pushed the stroller for about half the race)
When we finished, the boys got out, Briggs grabbed Ian's hand and they walked back through the finish line together. It was hands down the cutest thing I've seen in awhile!
At the end of the race we found some mules that the boys loved.
And after we enjoyed the mules, there were some 1 mile runners that were coming through and Ian jumped in on the running action, and ran right down the block and across the finish line where he was cheered and they even gave him a medal! He was adorable.
After the race we decided to spend some time with Brad and Taryn and played at the park and enjoyed the Highland Fling Days (or something like that.) Down in the park they had booths selling cute fun things and a little petting zoo and many other festivities that we didn't participate in.
We then roamed through the outlets until we were starving and then grabbed lunch at Zaxby's.
The boys pretty much drank the fry sauce. It's that delicious.
Like I said, it was the perfect weekend.





































No comments:
Post a Comment