Monday, July 13, 2015

Some Days Are Just Crummy

Some days as a mother are just rough. 

You try your best, but there are days you just want to forget.
I had one of those days last week.

It started with making a pancake mess.
{B}              {I}





Which of course led to the removal of clothes and diaper changes and Briggs adamantly refused any clothes after that point.
I sent them outside figuring it would be just fine if he was naked.
 


I of course did not account for the potential for poop.... and what do you think happens?
Yes.
POOP.
All over the back patio.
And then he stepped in it.
YUCK.

I scooped him up and off we went to the bath tub. And when I just started cleaning him up, my doorbell rings. It was people from the power company coming to pick up our old fridge that broke. 
Great timing. 
I bounced between my crying child and the fridge moving people and finally everything calmed down a little while and a bubble bath solved some problems.



As a side note, we are watching my parents dog, and she thinks she's a human. 
She is pretty easy to be around, but Briggs decided to throw her food into her water bowl, I then gave his hand a little slap because I was short tempered and I have told him time and time again to not dump her food into her water. His little chin quivered, his lips turned into a frown, and his eyes welled up with tears, and of course I lost it. I couldn't believe I lost my temper with him over something kind of dumb and I just cried. And then got on my knees and prayed for patience to make it through the day.


By this time it was nearly nap time and boy was I ready for them to sleep because I was exhausted myself. And of course the boys would not nap. They got out of their beds 40 times and we gave up for a little while, until I forced them to nap around 3pm. It was so necessary that day.

After the late nap, we had to burn off some energy so we went to the park where the boys found a huge puddle and had to jump.
{I} in grey shorts {B} in blue shorts



They can catch some serious air.  






Thankfully, after I laid the boys down for bed, I knew that the next day would be a new day and we could start again.


No comments:

Post a Comment