Friday, March 13, 2015

Things I Love | 23 Months

{As of Feb. 28}

I can't believe my babies are going to be TWO at the end of this month. I'm kind of dying inside. 
It goes by so darn fast. Hence the reason I take thousands of pictures of them. And I am not apologizing for that.
{I}                {B}

They love cameras. They pack these little ones around and say CHEESE!
{I}                 {B}
{B}

They still absolutely love to help in the kitchen. 
 {B}    {I}
 {B}        {I}

 {B}              {I}

We got this cute little table from my in-laws and the boys think they are hot stuff sitting there.
 {I}                     {B}

 {I}                   {B}
 {I}                   {B}

Naps with Grandma are the best!
{B}                {I}

These kids love climbing.
{B}        {I}
And dirt.

 I love this little family of mine. I am one blessed mama.
{I}                 {B}

 So much personality in these boys!
{B}                    {I}


They are getting so much better at grocery shopping in one cart with only one seat. The basket baby is getting better and better at listening and staying seated, as long as we are only picking up a few things.
 {I}              {B}

Ice cream cones are a favorite.
 {B}                {I}

This is one of my round-about best friends who used to be Jesse's friend. It's awesome. And so is trying to take pictures with our kids. Ian in particular was making fabulous faces. 


 The rest of the kids decided to come join in the fun!


 {I on top, B on bottom}



 {I}               {B}

I love it when they are so snuggly with one another. I really try hard to teach my boys to be nice to one another and they do great at giving each other loves.
{B}    {I}
 {I}      {B}
 {B}                        {I}



Ian
{Let me just apologize now for the awful posed pictures I have of the boys this month. I seemed busy taking pictures of other people (I'll have to blog about that later) and neglected my own children}





 1. He cries when he has to come inside nearly every single time. If it were up to him, he would be outside all day every day.

2. If I put him in his crib for a nap with socks on, he likes to take them off and stuff them down the back of his crib.

3. He has been a little stinker lately and he likes to crawl into Briggs' bed and jump on him. And Briggs is too sweet to fight back and instead just cries until I come save him.

4. He still mostly eats left handed.




5. He has been waking up at least once and sometimes twice a night fairly consistently. It has been kind of rough, but we are making great improvements over the last couple of weeks with only a wake up every few days. This mama is loving sleeping through the night more nights than not.
Also, naps are the best with Grandma.


6. He doesn't get as involved with playing, he is more of a wanderer. He is just content to wander through the house and and look adorable.




7. He enjoys going through the cupboards looking for snacks. Usually he finds something he likes and starts eating. Or else he brings me boxes of Thai noodles or muffin mix asking for a "nack."

8. I moved some furniture at my parent's house the other day and Ian cried and cried. It was the strangest thing.

9. He loves carrying wii remotes around his arm. He also loves carrying my camera around his neck.



10. He is learning to drink from a regular cup instead of just a sippy cup.

11. He loves having his blanket and binky for as much of the day as I will let him.


12. It is so hard to clip this kid's toenails. He squirms so much while I try to clip them that it is darn near impossible.

13. He LOVES balloons. As in completely obsessed. He calls them "Mo" and he will pack a balloon around for days, taking it in the car, sleeping with it, and of course finding it first thing in the morning.

 





14. He runs in a zig zag pattern. It is so funny. It looks like he's trying to get away from someone who is shooting at him. I have no idea where he picked up on that but I laugh every time.

15. He has gotten so chatty! He tries to repeat nearly everything we say here's a little list of what he says: apple, knees, elbow, remote (mote), helicopter (something awesome I can't even type), arrow, bubbles, milk (melp), nice, mess, hello, yellow, purple, tree, practice, oatmeal, spoon, no, yes, go.

Briggs
{His little cheesey smile makes me laugh}
{Along with all his other obsessions, this child loves birds.}


1. He always closes doors behind him.

2. He also still eats left handed.

3. He loves it when I draw on the magna doodle. Usually he signs (as in sign language) things for me to draw for him. His favorite is fish. He will sign fish over and over and over and over again.  He is a little obsessed with fish in all their varieties of stuffed, plastic, play-doh, drawn, on dvd, etc.


 

He also loves birds, and luckily Grandma gave us this gigantic parrot that he adores.
 He even had to bring his bird in our little group picture where he signed bird...
 And then showed me where his bird is! haha.

4. He likes my necklaces. Usually he packs them around on his arm but occasionally he wears them around his neck.

5. If he sees two of something, he will do the sign for that thing twice. Such as signing fish  or bug with both hands. It's adorable. Also he likes having two binkies... and not being put down. :)

6. He has started being quite consistent with sleeping through the night. Oh how I love that child.

7. He is obsessed with trains. He loves pushing them all over the house. Also, he says "Chug-a Chug-a Choo-Choo in the cutest way!

8. He is such a good player. He loves toys and entertains himself really well. If I can't find him, he is usually off in a corner somewhere pushing a train or car around, or playing with other toys.
{Seriously, this boy melts my heart. He is just so awesome.}




9. He says "no" to everything. It cracks us up. There was one moment that stands out in particular. We were down in St. George and he kept banging on the bathroom door while I was in the shower. As soon as I got out I opened the door and asked him if he would like to come in, he said "Nooooooooo!" in the sweetest possible voice with a crinkled nose. I laughed so hard.

10. He also loves to carry remotes around his wrist.

11. He is learning to drink from a cup and does pretty well, until he dumps out the last little bit every time. It drives me nuts.

12. Every time he has his binky in his mouth but wants to eat or drink something he will pucker up his lips so his binky sticks out and he wants me to take it out or he spits it in my hand.

13. He loves his dad and thinks he's hilarious.

14. Every time Briggs takes off his shoes and socks he has to check his toes for sock fuzz. Every single time. It is so funny! 


15. Briggs still signs more than talks (he requests to watch signing time multiple times a day) but he is picking up more words daily, such as: knees, helicopter (digadigadiga), stairs, Elmo (Melmo), tic tac, no, meow, ruff, hat, rhino (nino), spoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment