This is a picture of my grandpa and grandma Skalla the day Jesse and I got married. My grandpa unfortunately passed away about a month later. I was really sad that he would not get to see any of our kids and that we could no longer go visit him and thinking poor me. Then I thought of how lucky I was that he was able to be there for my wedding. I remembered how he would play hours of games with me and my siblings and had the most patience I have ever seen in a person. He is one of my heroes. I was lucky to have had such an amazing grandfather and even am privileged enough to be named after him. He was one amazing man.

Well on June 5th we had the opportunity to go through the St. George Temple and participate in my grandpa's temple work. We were lucky enough to participate in the endowment session and the sealing between my grandpa and grandma and mom and also sealing my grandpa to his parents. It was such a great feeling being in the temple that day and sealing my family together. I really felt that my heart was being turned to my fathers and I caught a small glimpse of eternity. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and for my knowledge of life after death. I cannot wait to see my grandpa again and feel so privileged to have been a part of his temple work. 
No comments:
Post a Comment